Using light cancelation controls can help remove both indirect and direct lighting from your bitmaps. You need to know how to do this, as having light information inside your input maps can make your materials look strange when placed in a game level that
- [Instructor] What we are ready to take a look at now,…are the various options available in B2M…to help cancel, or at least massively reduce…the effects of lighting information…that may be present in our input images.…Why is that important?…Well, once our materials have been created,…we will probably, in our render engine of choice,…want to add scene lighting of our own,…and seeing as we won't want to have this conflicting…with lighting information baked into the texture maps,…removing or at least reducing said information then,…would be a good thing to do at this point…in the creation process.…
We can make a start on this by focusing our attention…on the base color map first of all.…Coming over to the Graph Output then,…let's double-click to load that into the 2D view,…and then single-click on our B2M Node…in order to also view its control options at the same time.…Over in the parameters area in the global roll-out,…we can see that we first of all,…have the ability to choose the method that will be used…for light cancellation.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.