Creating materials and maps that tile is a vital part of the workflow when working in game production. In B2M 3, you have multiple ways of doing this, with the legacy version giving you a good start. That said, you can quickly see why you might want to us
- [Narrator] Having taken a look at how we can remove,…or at least reduce, the effect of existing lighting…in our input images, time in this video to take a look…at the options open to us in Bitmap2Material…for making our input images tileable,…removing any obvious seams from them.…Over in the parameters section inside the global roll out,…you can see that we do indeed have a make it tile option,…with a drop down box underneath it.…If we click to access the options that are found there,…we can see that the first entry in the list…is the wonderfully titled edges quincunx option.…
Now, upon seeing this, you may, as I did,…instantly wonder what on earth a quincunx is.…Well, if you've ever seen a simple gaming dice,…then you have see a quincunx, as the arrangement of dots…for the number five on the dice form one.…So, four dots forming a square…with a single dot in the center.…What this option does is take five copies of the input…Bitmap that we're using called patches in B2M…and arranges them in a quincunx pattern,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.