The improved version of tiling controls takes random chunks of your input bitmap, and then places them in a random fashion inside the 0 to 1 texture space, which, in the end, creates a much more pleasing tiled result.
- [Instructor] What we want to do in this exercise…is take a look at the improved random tiling option…in Bitmap2Material 3,…as this is in fact the tiling method…that best suits the bitmap that we are using here.…After discussing what it actually does,…we will then set it up so that,…by the end of the course,…we will have a nicely tiling set of output bitmaps…that we can then use as the base for our material in UE4…and 3DS Max or wherever.…Over the in the global rollout…in the Parameters section of the UI, then,…let's open up the Make It Tile list,…and choose the Random option that we see there.…
As its name suggests, this can help create a much more…random result than the legacy Edges Quincunx approach…that we have already looked at,…with the result typically making it much easier…to hide repeating patterns in our texture.…How does this work?…Well, simply put, this method takes what I like to call…a small splat or irregular-shaped patch from the map…and then places it randomly over…the entire area of the image,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.