After you output your maps from Substance Designer, knowing how to create a material inside the Unreal Engine—and then use your B2M maps to populate it—will be an important part of your process.
- [Voiceover] So we have the Epic Games launcher booted up.…And we are ready to create the project in which we will use…our bitmap material output map.…In fact, we will even, in our next video,…take a look at how we can use the B2M plugin…inside of "Unreal Engine 4" itself.…In fact, while we're here, let's get ready for that…by switching over to the market place tab,…and then typing the word substance into the search field.…We are doing this,…as we will need to have the substance plugin…loaded into Unreal if we want to use…the bitmap to material three node.…
Now of course,…if we simply want to use…the output maps that we have created,…then there is no need to follow through…on this particular step.…Once we have the plugin,…we can create a new project…in Unreal using any one of the provided sample options.…In this instance, I will use the blueprint starter project.…Once that is downloaded,…we can come to the vault section of the launcher…and make sure that we add…the substance plugin to our current engine version.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.