As a texture artist, what we really want to be able to do is quickly add nodes to our material graph without interruption. One of my favourite additions to Substance Designer 5.3.4 is that of a search option to the quick access node list, which we enable via a press of the space bar key. This new feature now gives us quick and easy access to every node found in Substance Designer.
- [Voiceover] Much like the environment controls…that we looked at earlier,…it may seem like a little overkill…to give this next option its own video.…But, again, as with the environments update,…I really don't want anyone…to miss this piece of functionality.…Because even more so than with the environment controls,…what we will look at now…can definitely save us an awful lot of time…when it comes to creating our substance graphs.…In the original course then, if we even knew the name of,…or simply wanted to try and guess at the name…of a specific node, we could come over…to our library search field and simply start to type.…
So, for instance, something like BNW,…and nodes would start to show up in the filtered list,…such as our BNW spot nodes here.…We could type metal, and in this instance,…get quite a number of nodes showing up.…Or, for one last example, maybe type grunge,…and get access to all of the grunge maps available.…You get the idea.…Well, after performing the search,…we would, of course, then have to click and drag…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.