Visual information can be helpful when it comes to material creation in Substance Designer, but more veteran users may or may not want it cluttering up the graph view. Because of this we have the ability to include node input and output names, the resolution of every node in the graph. and even the calculation time of each node all enabled via the information drop down.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] If you have already been using…the Substance Designer 5.3.4 update…a few of you may have already noticed…that we now have the ability to control…the level of information that is displayed…inside the Graph View window.…The choices we make here will perhaps to some extent…depend on just how familiar with Substance Designer we are.…So for instance if I zoom into the nodes…in one of our frames here you will notice…that I currently have Substance Designer set up to display…no information about the individual nodes at all,…although if I hover my mouse over the body of the node…I can view it's output resolution…and get and use it's description…and if I hover over either the inputs or outputs,…I get a very brief functionality tip.…
Notice also that the estimated calculation time for the node…is nowhere to be seen at this moment in time.…The question we want to answer then is…where the controls are editing the information levels…seen in the Graph View can be found.…If we come to our little i for information icon here…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.