The first set of improvements to our graph view that we will look at here is the quick access toolbar. This houses what allegorithmic have deemed to be the most used nodes in Substance Designer. Granted they may not be our most used nodes, but there are at least a handful of nodes here that we will use on every project.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're going…to take a look at some of the updates…that can help speed us up whilst working…inside the graph view area of the UI.…Because we are no longer interested in…using the 3D view as a production renderer,…let's if it is not already, switch the…renderer back to open GL.…Let's also give ourselves a little more room…inside the grap view here by clicking…and dragging on the divider.…Now, the first thing you will probably have noticed…in connection with the graph view…is the addition of this handy toolbar…at the top of the view port.…
What allegorithmic have essentially done here…is gather many of the most used nodes…into this single quick access area of the interface.…Now, of course, these may not necessarily…be our most used nodes,…and so the usefulness of this addition…will vary from user to user,…but to show it's ease of use, however,…let's say that we wanted to add a color node to our graph.…Well, all we need to do is locate the node…by it's initials on the toolbar,…use either a left click and drag or…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.