Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing substances into a host application (Unreal Engine 4), part of Learning Substance Designer.
- The time has finally arrived then…to see how our first substance…looks inside a host application.…And we're going to do this by importing…it into the UE4 engine.…In order to get this to work though,…there are a few simple steps…that we need to work through…because at the time of this recording,…there are only certain versions…of the Unreal Engine that the Substance Designer…plugin will work with.…Now Allegorithmic are working with Epic…to develop an easier install process…than we will step through here,…so this may well become more automated in the future.…
But for now, all we need to do is navigate…to the Allegorithmic website as I have here,…make certain that we are logged in…using our username and password,…and then from the Integrations menu,…click to select the In UE4 option.…Once we jump to the UE4 page,…we can scroll down a little way,…and access the latest UE4 plugins.…In this instance, that's the UE 4.7 version…was the only one available when…I started recording this course.…UE 4.7 is the version that I will want to download.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.