Now that you know how to use the Lite version, take a look at how you can load the full B2M 3 node into another application; in this case, you'll be using Substance Designer 5.5.
- [Instructor] Loading the full version of B2M3…into Substance Designer…is as simple and straightforward as it can be.…In that we first of all need to locate…our B2M3 installation directory,…which in my case is C:, Program Files,…Allegorithmic, Bitmap2Material.…And in there we should find a subfolder called 3.…Let's click to enter that,…and then locate and click on the data folder.…This is where our Bitmap2Material_3-1 archive should reside.…
Indeed, this essentially is the newest version of B2M,…and so will produce the best results,…whether we're working in Substance Designer, MIT4, Unity,…or a DCC application, such as 3ds Max.…There are older options…that can be found in the legacy folder,…and we can still use these if we want, but in this instance,…with yet another new Metal/Rough…Substance Designer Graph open,…I'm just going to click to drag and drop…the 3-1 archive in there.…And, as easy as that, we have the full version…of B2M loaded into Substance Designer.…
Let's also grab our moss image…from inside the Exercise Files folder.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.