Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Generate the albedo, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll look…at getting our Base Color,…our Albedo going on this material.…Right now we've got a base gray we're using…just for testing to see if the Metallic…and Roughness properties really show nicely.…We need to get some subtle variation going on these tiles…and we'll take a look at the reference imagery…to see what we can tell about the different quality…and the color on this metal tile.…I'm back here on the Daltile web page…and I'll take a look at the different images…to see what color this tile should be.…When we look at this reference image…we can see the that the tile…actually has a good bit of reflection,…so it's tough to tell the color.…
It's probably actually fairly dark…and we need to look at both the Field Tile…and other images in here to really tell what's going on.…I'll scroll down and take a look…at the Field Tile for Brushed Stainless.…We can see that this is basically a medium gray,…but it's definitely got a little bit of a yellow to it,…it's not a straight gray.…Straight gray, mathematically equal,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.