Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Generate the albedo, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] When you're making a substance material…always think about the quality and surface of that material…before you think about just the color.…Too often things get masked by color…when we really should be looking at things like the normal…and even the occlusion.…What I'll do is to make a new albedo node and expose it,…and that way I've got control…in case this is going to get painted.…I'll zoom in on my uniform color…that I piped into the base.…Right now it's uniform,…and as we can see in our reference imagery…a lot of times this is a fairly uniform color surface.…I'm back here in the modularArts website,…and we can see most often these are left…either in their default white…or painted in a uniform color,…really letting the lighting in the space…add the drama to them.…
What I'll do, though, is put in the possibility…for a little bit of variety across these panels.…I'm back here in Substance Designer,…and I've zoomed in on that uniform color…that's my base color.…What I'm going to do is blend a couple…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.