Much like with your normal map creation, you need to tell B2M 3 which areas or frequencies of your input image you want the ambient occlusion to appear on.
- [Instructor] When it comes to getting…a good-looking ambient occlusion map,…the ambient occlusion level controls…that we're going to be looking at here…certainly have a big part to play.…And so in this video, we're going to take a look at…why this, these three sliders do,…and then of course, use them to enhance…the ambient occlusion that we are getting…from our Bitmap2Material node.…As we have done earlier,…let's set each of these to a value of zero,…so that we can take a look at them one at a time.…Now as we set them zero, you will have noticed that…our map is turned to pure black,…as we now have occlusion shadows everywhere,…and so I'm covering all of the work that we have done so far…which obviously is not what we want.…
Well, as we look at the available controls then,…we see that they are actually split into separate axes,…so X, Y, and Zed or Z.…If we go ahead and set our Zed value to one there,…we get an almost white result,…which hopefully gives us a baseline…from which we can start to occlude.…If we then set our Y to a value of 0.5,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.