Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Expose parameters for experiments, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- Substance Designer gives us an amazing…Amount of flexibility, both in how…We craft our materials and how we…Send them forward as Substance archives…Into our destination application.…Allowing us to expose parameters…Where we can really custom tune that substance.…What I'll do is expose a few more things here,…Making sure that this substance is really…Ready for customization when I get it in a scene.…First, I'll look at the roughness.…I'll zoom in on the contrast luminosity…That governs that roughness and expose…Those parameters.…
Dropping down and exposing Contrast.…Calling it Contrast.…And Luminosity.…This is on that roughness.…This way I can really control the roughness…Or polish of that stone.…I've already done some exposing on color.…Although it needs a grout exposure as well.…Again, we may end up color turning…this grout significantly.…I'll pick that uniform color for the grout…And expose the output color.…Selecting Expose and calling it Grout Color.…
And clicking okay.…Lastly, I'll go into my Ambient Inclusion.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.