Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Expose albedo parameters, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- Substance designer gives you the ability…to expose different parameters…so that they carry forward into your…destination application.…For a weave like this, I want to expose…the different albedo colors…so that we can adjust them on their…desired wall.…And really make sure they look like their intended.…I'll do this by exposing the uniform…colors I'd use to generate the weave,…and then exposing some of the blending as well.…I'll select the uniform color that's…the thin verticals, and expose it…by clicking on the manage function…button, and choosing expose.…
I'll give this a new name, picking new,…and calling it vertical reed color.…Then I'll pick the uniform color that's…the other part of those vertical reeds,…and expose it, as well.…This one we'll call vertical reed color two.…Then, I'll expose the main straw color.…
Again selecting it, clicking on the manage function button,…and exposing, calling this one a new name.…We'll call it main flat weave color.…Personally, I tend to camel case names here,…as we see that in code parlons often.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.