Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Draw the tile shape, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] There are literally thousands…of different tile types and materials…available from manufacturers.…In this chapter, we'll be making a round metal tile.…This is commonly used as a backsplash in a kitchen…or as an accent tile in a kitchen or bathroom.…I'm on the Daltile website, and under…Discover our Products I've chosen…Glass, Metal & Decorative Accents.…I'll scroll down to the Metallica section…to get some good reference imagery on what we'll make.…Here in Metallica, we can see any number…of different tile shapes and different sheens available.…We're going to look at the brushed stainless steel…penny round mosaic on the bottom.…
I'll select it and we can see here…these are round metal tiles with a slight…bevel to rounded edge.…I'll roll over and we can see that…they're fairly close together, and they do…have a slight variation in both color and shine,…and obviously when they're installed,…they're going to be slightly varied in direction,…not absolutely perfect.…The tiles nearly touch and there is…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.