Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Draw masks to make designs, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization (2017).
- [Instructor] One of the really amazing things…about Terrazzo is that you can put designs into the floor.…These can range from pictures to simple geometrics…or other patterns.…I'm going to make a simple pattern…and set it to tile in my flooring,…use that pattern to separate…two different colors of Terrazzo.…What I'll start with is generating the pattern.…Pulling over in the graph until I have some space…to work with,…then I'll start by making some polygon and shape nodes…in order to construct that actual mask.…I'll press the space bar…and in the search field type in POL…and even PO gives me my polygon choices.…
I'll use polygon one here…and I'll press F to focus in on it.…I'm going to construct two squares,…one rotated at 45 degrees laid over the other one…and inscribe a circle in them.…This will be a neat geometric pattern…that actually affords me the possibility…of three kinds of Terrazzo if I like,…a center, the squares and then the outside.…Additionally, we'll see metal splines in this.…So, I'll get the pattern established first…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter 2016 Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.