Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Determine the tile pattern, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we'll look at…creating mosaic tile for use in a kitchen or bathroom.…I'm on the Daltile website, daltile.com…and I'll click on Discover Our Products.…Under here, we can see that Daltile has an example,…has different products available,…and I'll search by products under mosaic.…What we can see in these images is that mosaic tile…often has thousands of tiles applied to a surface.…These commonly come on a backing grid or something similar…and are then adhered to whatever the substrate is.…
I'll look down in different families,…and we can see that within each family,…we have a variety of colors and often the same tile pattern.…Here in the Coastal Keystones for example,…we can see that there are eight different colorways…in these square tiles, and also rectangular ones.…We'll start by making a square tile, as this is one…of the easiest patterns to make in Substance Designer.…I'll take a look at the Topical Thunder blend.…What we can see with our mosaic tile…is these are one-inch square and there's…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.