There will be times that your normal maps are a little soft and lack the needed detail to convey what kind of surface they are. To deal with this, you have this extra detailed normal option.
- [Instructor] The last option that we will look at…in this chapter is detailed normal output.…Which is a map type that can be combined…with an already existing normal map…in order to squeeze a little more detail…out of the setup if we want.…Now obviously the normal map that we already have…is detailed enough in my opinion.…And so adding more to it…will only start to make things feel cluttered.…But let's go ahead and take a look at…how we could squeeze more detail in there,…should we want or need to.…
Coming to the output roll out,…and we can see that we have a detailed normal output option.…Which in this instance,…we want to make sure is set to true.…If we then make sure that…everything in the graph is deselected…we can press the space bar,…type normal combine into the search field,…and then after adding the node to the graph,…we can connect our normal map output…to the input two slot here.…And then pipe the combined node…into the graph's normal output.…
Coming to the bit mapped material node,…we can drag from our detailed normal output,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.