Although you have already used your output maps in an Unreal material, using the B2M archive itself inside the engine will be much more memory efficient, and produces an ideal way in which to work.
- [Instructor] Continuing from where we left off…in the previous exercise then,…Let's click the import button…in the unreal content browser.…Then quickly locate the moss bit map image…that we've been using in the course.…Now in order to have the instant editability…that we mentioned at the end of the previous exercise,…we don't want to import this file…as the straightforward jpeg option.…What we need to do instead…is tell the engine that the image is in fact…going to be used with a substance file.…And so let's choose the substance file jpeg option…from the import list…and then import our image.…
Let's click the import button on the content browser again…and then this time…locate our bit mapped material archive file,…which in my particular case…is still located in C, program files, algorithmic,…bit mapped material, three data.…After clicking to select that we can hit import.…Doing this will automatically create unreal material file…that we can then rename to something like "B2M_No"…and press enter.…
If we double click the jump into the material,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.