Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the matrix, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization (2017).
- [Instructor] Terrazzo is a widely used…flooring application consisting of stone chips…in a poured matrix either of epoxy or cement.…This is usually laid over a cement floor substrate…and is often bordered by metal splines.…These can be shaped into fanciful designs if needed,…all depending on the design of the particular space.…I'm ready to start a design in Substance Designer…for terrazzo, but I'll take a look at some reference…imagery first to get a feel for the terrazzo…and what needs to go into it.…I'm here on the National Terrazzo & Mosaic Association's…website, and we can see here in the scrolling gallery…that there's any number of applications for terrazzo.…
These designs can consist of simple geometrics…or fanciful designs that swirl throughout a space,…and the colors available are nearly limitless.…What I'll do is to take a look at the color palette,…clicking on Color Palette…and Terrazzo Color Palette Overview.…We can see that there's all kinds of colors available,…vibrant epoxy, more earth toned or influenced cement…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.