Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating material outputs, part of Up and Running with Substance Designer.
- Before we move ahead and start…to build our first simple Substance,…I just want to do a quick run through here…in order to be certain that our material as well as…environment and output settings are all setup correctly.…In fact, I already know that one…important element, for sure, is missing.…This being an ambient occlusion output node.…Now when it comes to adding nodes in Substance Designer…there are a couple of ways that we can go about…accessing the well-stocked list…that the application makes available to us.…
One, is to come into the graph here itself,…and then right click and use the…Add node flyout from the pop-up menu.…This, as you can see, gives us access…to a wealth of node options.…Because of the size of capture window…that we are having to use here though,…one thing that you won't be able to see…is that down at the bottom of the list…we are actually cutting off one…or two options that can be used.…For this reason, you may on occasion…see me access this same list by means…of the spacebar keyboard shortcut.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.