Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Create the tile pattern, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Once we've established our tile,…it's time to get the blending going,…making sure that the tile pattern shows up correctly.…This is an interesting one,…as there's three tiles that need to blend…in different configurations.…We'll take a look at the reference imagery…to see how they need to blend.…I'm here on the Walker Zanger page.…And we can see, in the Stardust,…in the Twilight colorway,…that there's three different blends we need.…There's the dark over light blue,…followed by white over dark.…Then we've got light blue over white,…followed by dark over light blue.…
And finally, white over dark,…followed by light blue over white.…And then the pattern repeats.…I'll start by just blending one row.…Getting in dark over light blue,…followed by white over dark.…Here in Substance Designer then,…I'll zoom in on my graph.…And here's my dark over light blue,…followed by white over dark.…I'll start out by tiling these.…Taking in a tile generator color…from my generators under patterns.…I'll scroll down,…and grab the tile generator color node.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.