Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Create the normal map, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Once you've got your Wood…and plank pattern established…you can start to really look at the things…that bring this material to life,…like the Normal, and then the roughness.…I'll start by looking at the Normal…using both a Brick Generator and a Tile Generator…to get that Normal to really come to life.…Right now what we have are wood grain bricks…with their grout in.…And I know the grout needs to recess a bit.…I'll definitely make use of this Brick Generator…with the Invert Grayscale for that grout.…
What I also need is some bricks with slope in them.…If we take a look at our Brick Generator…we can see in here that there's Height and Slope…and so I'm going to clone this and reuse it.…I'll select it and press ctrl + d to duplicate…and then press f to frame in on that duplicate.…Now I've got a clean Brick Generator…that won't disturb the other things I'm working with.…What Slope let's us do is add in…a little bit of slope on these bricks.…What I'll do is crank up Slope X and Y just a bit,…maybe roughly around .2,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.