Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Create the normal map, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Presenter] When you're constructing a woven wall…covering, once you've established the primary weave,…it's time to tile it and build a normal.…Remember that the weave we're making…is actually quite small, that on a wall…we may see several thousand of these individual weaves.…So we get the tiling established here…and then build it into a normal.…There's several ways to do this,…in a tile generator or tile generator color.…We can also choose to tile before or after the normal,…and that's really a question of how it looks in the end.…What I'm going to do is to build the normal…and the color and then tile them.…
I'll start by getting the normal…based off this gray scale weave.…Up on the top toolbar I'll hit nrm for normal.…We can see there's a yellow highlight around that normal.…This denotes a compatibility issue when…working with Substance Engine 5.…I've chosen that in my project settings…and I can go to edit and preferences to show that.…Here in the projects we can see it's defaulting…to compatibility mode of Substance Engine 5.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.