Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Create the base color, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Once you've got the pattern established…for your tiles, you can start to add in some color…so you can see these as they checker…in that tile pattern overall.…We have basic star established.…Now we need to get the three different colors in stone…we will see.…I'm back on the Walker Zanger site and taking a look…at what I need here in the different colors.…There is an almost-white, and there is some…crazing, or cracking in the glaze.…We've got a deep gray,…and it's got a little bit of fading to it,…and then a light de-saturated blue.…All of these show some wear, or actually glazing,…around the edges, where it's a little darker…next to the grout.…
We need to make sure we have all these in,…plus some variation, and then start to use…our pattern to stencil out the various pieces.…Here in Substance Designer,…I'll start out by making my colors cleanly.…I'll hit CLR for color,…press F to frame in on it,…and start making some of these colors.…This first one will be my almost-white,…with a little bit of warmth, for my tile.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.