Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking the material assignments, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- In this video, we're going to explore some important…material functionality that will be available to us…in our 3D view, now that we have imported…our Shader_Ball mesh, and indeed is one of the advantages…that we gain when working a mesh that has been created…and then materialized in a dedicated…modeling and animation package such as 3ds Max,…which is the application that I used in this instance.…To see just what this is, if I open up the…materials dropdown in the 3D view, it quickly…becomes obvious that we already have materials assigned…to the mesh, and this is information that was imported…into Substance Designer intact.…
As you can see, we have three materials listed here.…Emissive_Ring, Grey_Sphere, and Shader_Ball,…all of which are assigned to various pieces of…the Shader_Ball mesh.…A good habit that we will probably want to develop…whenever using imported mesh files would be to…check that the shader type we're using has…been set up correctly.…To show you what I mean by that, if I just come to…the Shader submenu in my Shader_Ball material,…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.