Substance Designer users actually have a B2M 3 Lite node built into the application. This gives you the perfect tool with which to practice in order to see if you'd like to purchase the full app.
- [Instructor] If you already have access…to the Substance Designer application,…then they're perhaps watching this course…in order to see whether or not B2M is worth adding…to your own texture creation pipeline.…Then you'll be happy to know that…Designer itself actually comes…with a light version of the Bitmap2Material node.…And so to evaluate the basic work flow of the application,…no purchase beyond the software that you already own…will be necessary.…As you can see then,…I have here a fresh boot of the Substance Designer…application in front of me.…So let's just go ahead and create a new project…using just the defaults that is working…in a metal rough workflow.…
Let's give this the name B2M Lite…and then click the OK button.…With our cursor inside the graph view,…let's press the space back key on our keyboard…and start to type the word bitmap…and then choose the Bitmap2Material lite node…that appears in the sorted list.…The parameters for the node, it should load automatically…on the right of the UI, but if for some reason…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.