Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Baking the initial resource maps, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- When it comes to creating Substance files…that will be applied to a very specific asset…one very powerful set of tools at our disposal…in Substance Designer are those that give us…the ability to bake out object specific resource maps.…Maps that can then be used to create unique looking effects,…such as edge wear, water damage, and so on.…To demonstrate how we go about creating such maps…we're going to be taking a look in this video…at Substance Designer's scene baking dialog,…accessed by coming over to the resource Explorer,…right-clicking on the mesh object…that we want to create resource maps from,…and then from the right-click menu…select the Bake model information option.…
This will bring up the Scene Information Baking dialog…that at this moment in time…is a little big for the capture window,…so let's just resize this a little…and take a look at what we have here.…The left hand pane essentially lists…all of the geometry contained in the FBX file…that we linked to our package,…which is now being read as Group001.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.