Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting environment reflections, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- Beyond a shadow of a doubt, reflections play…a huge part in determining both the look and the feel…of any materials that we create.…And so, thankfully, Substance Designer gives us plenty…in the way of options that can help us both set up…and control exactly what our substance ultimately reflects.…Indeed, you will most certainly have noticed,…even when you very first launch the Substance Designer…application, that the 3D view already comes preloaded…with a viewport background that is, in fact,…a high dynamic range spherical environment map.…
Now, while the default option that we see here…is perfectly fine for general substance development,…we are by no means limited to just the single image.…If I come over to my "Library" panel, here,…and scroll down the long list of cool tools that…Substance Designer makes available to us,…we will eventually come to the "3D View" section where…we can click to jump into the "Environment Maps" section.…In fact, let's just expand the UI a little bit here,…so that we can get a clearer view of…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.