Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Add ambient occlusion, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Narrator] Our stone normal is shaping up nicely.…We can start to see that Ashlar pattern emerging.…What we need to do is also to add in…some ambient occlusion here,…a node we don't have initially.…I can use this grayscale height I've created…from that tile to generate the occlusion.…I'll take all of my nodes,…and pull them over and out of the way.…Note that I've got a yellow ring around this normal,…because my compatibility is set for…substance engine version five, so that imports smoothly…into Unity in 3DS Max, for example.…What I'll do is to fix that by…selecting fill alpha with input.…
My normal appears somewhat transparent,…but the yellow halo goes away.…This is a judgment call on when you do this step.…At the moment it makes my normal somewhat…difficult to view as a flat map here,…but the normal shows fine in 3D.…If you're more comfortable seeing that…as a true blue normal here in the flat view,…you can leave that force alpha to one checked,…and uncheck it at the end when you're ready for export.…Alternately, you can select fill Alpha with input,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.