Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Add ambient occlusion, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization (2017).
- [Instructor] Ambient occlusion will really help…a weave like this stand out.…Right now it's very small in this test cube,…and we can see it's almost uniform.…That color is really merging together…because we haven't turned it.…The good thing is, at least, we can see the normal…really fracturing that reflection across the surface.…We'll get some ambient occlusion in…to really increase the depth in this material.…For the ambient occlusion,…I actually need two different parts.…Putting an ambient occlusion simply on the blend here…of all the weaves will get me predominantly white.…
What I'd like to have is actually…the weave really standing out…in the occlusion separately.…I'll add in an ambient occlusion node first,…pressing the space bar and typing O-U-T for output,…and adding an output node in.…On this output node, I'll name it occlusion…and down under usage, add an item by…clicking on the plus.…In here, I'll drop down under diffuse and choose…ambient occlusion.…Then, I'll create an ambient occlusion node,…again, pressing the space bar,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.