Although lights don't affect your 3D view too much, knowing how to use them opens up more options. Navigation via the camera, however, is key to viewing how your maps are shaping up.
- [Instructor] A good place to start our look at the 3D view…would be to figure out how we can navigate around…the default mesh that we see in the view,…so as to be able to examine…how our material will be working.…With our cursor in the 3D view then…let's perform a simple left-click and drag,…which, as you can see,…causes us to orbit around our geometry.…And thanks to the HDRI that is present by default…in the B2M environment…see how just how our normal, roughness, and diffuse maps,…et cetera, are behaving.…
We can truck our move side-to-side in the view…by clicking on the middle mouse button or scroll wheel…and then dragging.…And we can also zoom by dragging the mouse up and down…whilst holding the right mouse button.…To zoom in we drag up and to zoom out we drag down.…If we should at some point lose our object in the view…or if we feel that we have messed things up badly…then we can always press the F key to refocus on the mesh.…I'll press the R key in order to reset the view.…Now in a typical material creation workflow…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.