The 2D view is where you can see your texture changes happen without the clutter of lights and geometry. Viewing all of the outputs can help you make wise decisions when it comes to altering your B2M settings.
- [Voiceover] As we are working with and creating…bitmaps in this application,…the 2D view is an area of the B2MUY…that we will want to pay close attention to,…because it is in here that we're able to keep an eye…on how our edits are affecting the maps…that we're working on.…Something that, although possible to do inside the 3D view,…tends to be a little bit harder,…given that we typically end up viewing the result…of everything at once in here.…A question we might ask then is,…how can we us the 2D view to our best advantage?…Well, to make a start at answering that,…let's first of all, load in a bitmap with which to work.…
By coming to our exercise file folder in an explorer window,…and after locating the provided "Moss_Floor.jpeg" image,…which by the way,…was taken using a Galaxy S7 smartphone camera,…left click and drag and drop it onto our 2D view.…Now we could load individual outputs, if we like,…but as we are going to use this image…to drive all of our relevant outputs,…we can instead select the load in main input tweak option.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.