Up and Running with Sublime Text 2
Sublime Text 2 is a cross-platform text and code editor for OS X, Windows, and Linux with many innovative features and a thriving ecosystem of add-on packages. This course reveals some of the basic, not-so-basic, and downright hidden features of the editor, and shows you how to become a more productive developer. Author Kevin Yank shows how to write and edit basic code, tweak the editing configuration to your preference, and automate code creation with macros and snippets. He also surveys a dozen of the best add-on packages for Sublime Text, which speed up some of the more tedious programming tasks.
- Opening, viewing, and editing files
- Adding custom themes and color schemes
- Performing different types of find and replace operations
- Editing multiple lines simultaneously
- Automating tasks with macros and snippets
- Working with add-ons like Package Control, Line Endings, and Hyperlink Helper
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Up and Running with Sublime Text 2, I'm Kevin Yank, and I'll be your instructor for this course. Whether you're a web developer, a professional blogger, or you cut code of another kind, you need a powerful text editor, and my text editor of choice these days, is Sublime Text 2. With this course, I'll give you an easy way in to this powerful tool that admittedly can be a little tough to learn. We'll start with the basics, opening, closing, and switching between files. Then I'll show you the basic editing features, before we spend some time customizing this editor, and making it look and feel just the way you like.
After that, we'll dive into the power editing features, things like multiple selection, that can really change the way you work. We'll look at ways of automating repetitive tasks, finally we'll explore the world of packages. This ecosystem of plugins that let you snap together exactly the features you need to build your ideal editor. Well, let's get started.
Coding Faster with Emmet76,958 Views
Web Project Workflows with Gulp.js, Git, and Browserify155,075 Views
Up and Running with Foundation 5222,954 Views
Responsive CSS with Sass and Compass306,591 Views
Up and Running with CoffeeScript57,029 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
Git Essential Training2,843,596 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views