Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with new VCA faders, part of Up and Running with Studio One 3.
- [Voiceover] VCA faders showed up as a mixing enhancement…in Studio One version 3.2.…For those who are new to VCA faders as a concept,…they're special faders that offer a way to remotely control…groups of channels in your mixer…with a single VCA fader.…They can help speed up and enhance your mixing workflow.…Let's see how we can use these special red-capped faders,…and we'll discuss why they're so powerful.…To create a VCA fader,…you first wanna select a group of track you want to control.…
Here I'll select all the drum tracks.…So, starting with the left-most track in my mixer,…I've got Kick In is the inside mic of the kick drum.…And holding Shift,…Kick Out, Snare, Overhead Mono,…Room Left and Right.…So, I've got these five drum tracks.…They're all part of my drum kit.…Notice they have different volume levels in the mixer.…Now, I can right-click on any one of these…and I can say add VCA for selected channels.…And that's gonna pop a new VCA fader…out on the right-hand side of our mix console.…
Now, it auto-named it VCA 1.…
Note: This course was updated to cover Studio One 3.3.
- Configuring your interface and external MIDI devices
- Customizing preferences
- Creating a new song
- Configuring and recording audio
- Loop recording
- Creating multi-instruments
- Quantizing and editing MIDI
- Conforming to the beat
- Mixing in Studio One
- Mastering with EQ, compression, and limiting
- Exporting the final song
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter to cover all the exciting new features in Studio One 3.2, including Mix Engine FX, VCA faders, and new efficiencies for speeding up your editing, looping, and zooming workflows.
Q: This course was updated on 10/13/2016. What changed?
A: We added two tutorials to cover the new features in Studio One 3.3.
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Studio One 3
2. Recording Audio and MIDI
3. Arranging and Editing
4. Mixing in Studio One
5. Mastering in Studio One
6. What's New in 3.2?
Working with new VCA faders7m 53s
7. What's New in 3.3?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.