Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating, zooming, playback, and important quick keys, part of Learning Studio One 3.
- Now that we've looked at the important parts…of our Arrange window,…let's learn how we can get around in it better.…To zoom in and out vertically on the Arrange window,…we can use the key commands,…cmd + plus (+) and cmd + minus (-) for Mac,…which will be ctrl + plus (+) and ctrl + minus (-)…for Windows.…Or we can click the bottom zoom control on the bottom right…to move in and out horizontally.…If we want to move in and out vertically,…or zoom in and out vertically,…there's a zoomer on the bottom left.…
So over here, we can use this zoomer…to zoom in and out of our view vertically…making the tracks bigger or smaller…and we can also pull down this list of presets.…So if I go to Minimal, it shows the very smallest view…where you can barely see anything.…If I go to Tiny, we get a little bigger.…If I go to Small, we get a little bigger.…Normal looks like this.…And, of course, we can go all the way to X-Large…and see our tracks nice and big to really look at…one track per time.…
So usually I keep it around Small or Normal…
Note: This course was updated to cover Studio One 3.3.
- Configuring your interface and external MIDI devices
- Customizing preferences
- Creating a new song
- Configuring and recording audio
- Loop recording
- Creating multi-instruments
- Quantizing and editing MIDI
- Conforming to the beat
- Mixing in Studio One
- Mastering with EQ, compression, and limiting
- Exporting the final song
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter to cover all the exciting new features in Studio One 3.2, including Mix Engine FX, VCA faders, and new efficiencies for speeding up your editing, looping, and zooming workflows.
Q: This course was updated on 10/13/2016. What changed?
A: We added two tutorials to cover the new features in Studio One 3.3.
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Studio One 3
2. Recording Audio and MIDI
3. Arranging and Editing
4. Mixing in Studio One
5. Mastering in Studio One
6. What's New in 3.2?
Working with new VCA faders7m 53s
7. What's New in 3.3?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.