Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Loop recording and overlapping recording for MIDI, part of Learning Studio One 3.
- Recording MIDI brings its own set of unique circumstances…and parameters to the equation when you loop record.…In this movie we will explore these settings and options…as we loop record a MIDI bass drum beat…using Impact, Studio One's drum machine.…So here we have a song with mostly instrument tracks,…and a few audio tracks as well.…Lets create a new instrument track to…record a drum beat onto.…We'll click the plus button or type the T key to…open up the Add Tracks dialogue,…and we'll call this Drums.…And we want it to be an instrument track…because we're going to use a virtual instrument.…
Make one track, we'll change the color to green,…and for input we're going to set our…current external keyboard,…which is called My Keyboard…as we set it up in the preferences.…And for output we're going to choose a new instrument,…and we're going to use the Impact,…which is Studio One's drum machine.…So I'll click okay.…I got my new track, make it nice and big.…Pull it up to the top,…and lets record a little drum beat.…
And before I record the drum beat I want to make sure…
Note: This course was updated to cover Studio One 3.3.
- Configuring your interface and external MIDI devices
- Customizing preferences
- Creating a new song
- Configuring and recording audio
- Loop recording
- Creating multi-instruments
- Quantizing and editing MIDI
- Conforming to the beat
- Mixing in Studio One
- Mastering with EQ, compression, and limiting
- Exporting the final song
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter to cover all the exciting new features in Studio One 3.2, including Mix Engine FX, VCA faders, and new efficiencies for speeding up your editing, looping, and zooming workflows.
Q: This course was updated on 10/13/2016. What changed?
A: We added two tutorials to cover the new features in Studio One 3.3.
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Studio One 3
2. Recording Audio and MIDI
3. Arranging and Editing
4. Mixing in Studio One
5. Mastering in Studio One
6. What's New in 3.2?
Working with new VCA faders7m 53s
7. What's New in 3.3?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.