Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Interfacing with Notion 6, part of Up and Running with Studio One 3.
- [Instructor] The Studio One 3.3 update came…at the same time as the announcement…of a new version of PreSonus's…score notation software, Notion Six.…Naturally, there's a good reason for this,…for the first time, there's a dedicated,…inter-app workflow option between MIDI based…instrument tracks and Studio One,…and traditional music notation in Notion.…Let's see how this works.…Here's one scenario where this workflow could be useful,…let's say you wrote a four part, quartet style,…string section to your song using MIDI,…and here we're using the string sounds…from the Presence sampler instrument.…
So we've got a Violin, a Violin II,…a Viola and a Cello,…let's take a listen to how this sounds.…(orchestral music)…So I've got this little string section here,…I'll solo it up.…(orchestral music)…Now that sounds okay,…but we want to take this into Notion,…so we can print out a score…and have some real studio musicians play these parts.…
So you'll notice that the track names…are very conventional, nothing fancy,…Violin, space, Roman numeral one,…
Note: This course was updated to cover Studio One 3.3.
- Configuring your interface and external MIDI devices
- Customizing preferences
- Creating a new song
- Configuring and recording audio
- Loop recording
- Creating multi-instruments
- Quantizing and editing MIDI
- Conforming to the beat
- Mixing in Studio One
- Mastering with EQ, compression, and limiting
- Exporting the final song
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter to cover all the exciting new features in Studio One 3.2, including Mix Engine FX, VCA faders, and new efficiencies for speeding up your editing, looping, and zooming workflows.
Q: This course was updated on 10/13/2016. What changed?
A: We added two tutorials to cover the new features in Studio One 3.3.
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Audio: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Studio One 3
2. Recording Audio and MIDI
3. Arranging and Editing
4. Mixing in Studio One
5. Mastering in Studio One
6. What's New in 3.2?
Working with new VCA faders7m 53s
7. What's New in 3.3?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.