Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Conforming to the beat with the Audio Bend and Transient Detection tools, part of Learning Studio One 3.
- It's a must for producers to have easy access…to warp, bend, or stretch audio easily…and in a way that sounds good.…This can all be done in Studio One…which has it's own set of tools for slicing,…bending, and conforming audio samples…to match and quantize to a song's tempo.…Studio One calls it "Audio Bend"…and in this movie we'll explore how it works.…In our first example we have this hi-hat pattern…called "Trap_hit hi hat".…Let me make this nice and big.…I'll zoom in, we can see what's happening.…
Now we can either access the Audio Bend tools…right from the arrange window here…or we can open up the hi-hat in our audio editor.…We have the bend tools accessible right here.…So if you click this we can get…our Audio Bend tools as a pop up window.…Let's actually open this up in our audio editor…so we can see it nice and clear.…Double click on it, I'll detach the audio window,…and we'll make it nice and big.…You can see what's happening.…And those same tools are available here,…the Audio Bend tools.…
So open those up and it's a separate popup window.…
Note: This course was updated to cover Studio One 3.3.
- Configuring your interface and external MIDI devices
- Customizing preferences
- Creating a new song
- Configuring and recording audio
- Loop recording
- Creating multi-instruments
- Quantizing and editing MIDI
- Conforming to the beat
- Mixing in Studio One
- Mastering with EQ, compression, and limiting
- Exporting the final song
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter to cover all the exciting new features in Studio One 3.2, including Mix Engine FX, VCA faders, and new efficiencies for speeding up your editing, looping, and zooming workflows.
Q: This course was updated on 10/13/2016. What changed?
A: We added two tutorials to cover the new features in Studio One 3.3.
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Studio One 3
2. Recording Audio and MIDI
3. Arranging and Editing
4. Mixing in Studio One
5. Mastering in Studio One
6. What's New in 3.2?
Working with new VCA faders7m 53s
7. What's New in 3.3?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.