Articulate Storyline 360 will help you organize your content. Learn to use proper naming conventions to simplify the process and make it easier for others to collaborate and find what they're looking for.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about workflow. I have found that developing good work habits from the start makes things a whole lot easier. I spend a lot less time hunting for files. And if you're sharing files with a colleague or a client, everything will be organized and they'll be able to navigate your structure easily. The first thing I do when I start organizing is I create folders for all of my different assets. I have a main folder for my client and then one folder for each of my projects. And inside there, I might have a variety of different folders for photos, for audio, for Word docs, and so forth.
So it makes it easier for me to find things. But even more importantly, if I'm working with a colleague or if I'm off tomorrow and someone's taking over for me, they'll be able to find things very easily. I started this years ago, and it's really paid off for me. I can always find what I need. Another trick I use is if I'm using a cloud service to share files with a client or a coworker, like Dropbox or Google Drive, I always create To and From folders to make it easier for people to find things. Again, organizing ahead of time makes it easier for you and easier for your clients.
It's also important to name things properly. I always rename things with a descriptive name so that someone else will be able to locate them easily. So make sure you give good descriptive names to all of your files. And lastly, it's very important to name your layers in Storyline. If you just leave them named Untitled Layer, it's very difficult for people to go back and look at them later. You'll waste time figuring out which layer you need. Where if you name them properly in the beginning, it makes the whole process so much easier.
Take time to organize and create a workflow for yourself so that if you need to share the files with anyone later, they'll be able to find them just as easily as you do.
In this course, learn how to go beyond the simple slide deck, and create highly engaging elearning presentations that increase learner agility and motivation using the features and tools of Articulate Storyline 360. Sally Cox combines instruction in the tool with teaching best practices to help you take your elearning development skills to the next level. She explains how to plan and storyboard your course, use design fundamentals to sharpen the aesthetics of your presentation, develop engaging navigation, incorporate storytelling, and create assessments and quizzes.
- Motivating learners with engagement
- Using storyboards to build your vision
- Building the template
- Using the align, ruler, and grid features to keep slides neat
- Working with the corporate brand
- Developing navigation in Storyline
- Buttons, hot spots, and sliders
- Using gamification to help students learn
- Working with audio clips, video, and web links
- Questions, assessments, and quizzes