Learn about the basic principles of elearning, variations in elearning approaches, and proven tips that can be used to develop strong elearning experiences.
- [Instructor] Because we use Storyline 360…to create elearning content and now mlearning content,…the mobile version of elearning,…we should understand the basics of elearning.…This'll help us to understand the ultimate goal…of what we're creating.…So let's start with defining what elearning is.…Now, there are a number of definitions out there,…but they all share the same general description,…and that is learning activities that are delivered…in an electronic format, typically using a computer…with a connection to the internet.…
Elearning is often called by other names, too,…like distance learning, distance education,…web-based training, online learning, and others.…And with the recent influx of mobile devices,…tablets, smartphones, et cetera,…we now begin to hear of mobile learning, or mlearning.…And Storyline 360 will allow you to create…both elearning and mlearning content quickly and easily.…Now, elearning can be used to educate learners…on just about anything you can imagine,…but there are three major types of elearning to consider.…
- Opening a project and touring the UI
- Setting up global preferences
- Creating a project from PowerPoint
- Inserting new scenes and adding slides
- Working with slides and text
- Adding animation and transitions
- Using assets and elements
- Working with audio and video
- Measuring the effectiveness of elearning with assessments
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Build a Presentation
3. Use Assets and Elements
4. Work with Media
5. Assessing Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.