In this video, learn how to create a custom tabs menu for the learning journal to enable your learners to view the other journal entries from a single slide. This is a more elegant solution that gives learners greater control over access to all the journal entries.
so here's what I'm going to do.…First, I'm going to open up the title layout…just so I can see one of the journals.…Going to go up to the view tab and from the view tab,…I want to choose guides…to nudge it into place so that I can get that alignment…right there with the top and the left side…of my text entry box.…Totally fine right there, that's all I need.…All right, cool.…All right, so I'm going to go ahead…However you want to style these, that's up to you.…
I'm going to make them quick and dirty,…but they should still work,…so I'm going to grab that snipped corner right there,…make it look like it's a little label graphic.…Type in the layer for our title layout…and I think I'm spelling that correctly,…but it's really hard because the text is so light…so home, and let's make that a little darker.…Maybe not too dark.…That's good, and I'll choose a fun font…like a handwritten font or something.…And I better bump up that size there, cool.…Going to go ahead and go to the states panel down below,…Change the formatting to more colors,…
- Using variables for learning personalization
- Capturing and displaying the learner’s name
- Creating text-entry fields
- Validating input with conditions
- Creating branching quizzes
- Calculating quiz scores
- Adding conditional branching based on quiz score
- Creating custom characters
- Adding custom navigation with bookmarking
- Adding conditional triggers to record learner progress
- Showing additional feedback at the slide level
- Creating learning journals
- Randomizing scenarios with variables
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate 360: Interactive Learningwith David Anderson2h 6m Intermediate
Articulate: Visual Design Basicswith David Rivers2h 33m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Variables
2. Capture and Display the Learner's Name
3. Adaptive Branching Quizzes
4. Adaptive Branching Scenarios
5. Choose Your Own Character
Production tips and tricks3m 10s
6. Custom Navigation with Bookmarking
7. Learning Journals
8. Randomizing Scenarios with Variables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.