In this video, learn how to insert a single character and create custom states that will each hold a different character. The characters used on this slide will be the character choices presented to the learner. Based on their choice, the selected character will be displayed on all future slides in the course.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll set up a single character…and we'll use that to dynamically change…So we need to reinsert our characters.…We'll start with Lily as the default character,…And so what we'll do is add her to the slide,…and then we'll, obviously, move on a different slide…for this, but we'll just keep this all together right here.…Let's just take all of these…and move them over.…
So with Lily selected, I'm going to edit her states.…So down here in the States panel,…I'm going to create a new state,…and I'll call the first state Lily.…I don't have to do this.…I could keep her at the normal state,…because she's already there.…It just makes it easier when you're adding triggers…to target the character's name rather than normal.…So yeah, it seems a little redundant,…but I like having her as that state.…So I'm going to create a new state,…and I'll create one for Andrew.…
And what I need to do then…is change this character with Andrew.…So from the Design tab up top on the ribbon,…choose Character, and we'll select the Modern,…
- Using variables for learning personalization
- Capturing and displaying the learner’s name
- Creating text-entry fields
- Validating input with conditions
- Creating branching quizzes
- Calculating quiz scores
- Adding conditional branching based on quiz score
- Creating custom characters
- Adding custom navigation with bookmarking
- Adding conditional triggers to record learner progress
- Showing additional feedback at the slide level
- Creating learning journals
- Randomizing scenarios with variables
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate 360: Interactive Learningwith David Anderson2h 6m Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Creating Mobile Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence1h 34m Intermediate
Articulate: Visual Design Basicswith David Rivers2h 33m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Variables
2. Capture and Display the Learner's Name
3. Adaptive Branching Quizzes
4. Adaptive Branching Scenarios
5. Choose Your Own Character
Production tips and tricks3m 10s
6. Custom Navigation with Bookmarking
7. Learning Journals
8. Randomizing Scenarios with Variables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.