Join David Anderson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding interactivity with triggers, part of Articulate 360: Interactive Learning.
- [Instructor] Nothing happens in Storyline … without a trigger, so let's add some triggers … to make some things happen. … And specifically, what we want to make happen is … the character's state will change … based on the tab that's clicked, … and then we also want to show a layer … based on the tab that's clicked. … So let's go ahead and create that first trigger. … So let's head up here to the triggers panel … and click the create a new trigger icon. … And when you're working with triggers, … you want to ask yourself two questions. … First is, what is it you want to do … and then when do you want to do it. … So what is it we want to do right here? … We want to change the state of this character, … so the object is the character, … to the state and the custom states that we've created … are up here at the top, you always find them up there. … When do you want to do it? … Well, not when the timeline starts, … but how about when user clicks the first tab. … And that's exactly why we want to use …
- Elements of interactivity
- Using slides and scenes
- Working with layers
- Customizing the slide design
- Working with built-in and custom states
- Adding interactivity with triggers
- Working with dials and sliders
- Converting static content into knowledge checks
- Creating branching scenarios
- Making interactive videos
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Creating Mobile Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence1h 34m Intermediate
Articulate 360: Advanced Actionswith David Anderson2h 26m Intermediate
1. Elements of Interactivity
2. Building Blocks of Interactivity in Storyline
3. Start to Finish: Tabs Interactions
4. Storyline Essentials for Interactivity
5. Converting Static Content into Knowledge Checks
6. Creating Branching Scenarios
7. Creating Interactive Videos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.