Learn about text balloons which can contribute to learning engagement when used in tandem with characters with personalized dialogue.
- [Instructor] When you work with characters,…adding to them to your slides…as we did in the previous movie,…you may also want to add a caption, a text box of some kind,…or a text balloon as they're often called…to show exactly what the character is saying.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our orientation project, Orientation 0303,…if you need to get caught up.…So let's start by going to Quiz.…Make sure you're in the third scene.…The only slide, 3.1, is untitled.…Let's title it by double-clicking on Title Slide…and type in Slide 1.…
There we go.…You could add Title Slide, whatever you want to say there,…just to show that it's the first slide in our quiz…and really, all it is is our character asking the learner…if they're ready to take the quiz.…That's the text we need to add by going up…to the Insert tab on the ribbon…and there it is in the Illustrations group, Caption.…When you click this, you'll see the different formats…to choose from.…One is just a plain old text box.…Others have pointers, rounded corners,…
- Opening a project and touring the UI
- Setting up global preferences
- Creating a project from PowerPoint
- Inserting new scenes and adding slides
- Working with slides and text
- Adding animation and transitions
- Using assets and elements
- Working with audio and video
- Measuring the effectiveness of elearning with assessments
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Build a Presentation
3. Use Assets and Elements
4. Work with Media
5. Assessing Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.