In this video, Emmanuel Henri provides some details around where to find the exercise files and how to use them. Each video has a start and end state of the application and can be used accordingly to follow along.
- [Instructor] To get the exercise files on the course page, simply click on the tab named exercise files. Then download the zip file. Then simply extract the zip file and move the folder to your desktop. Once you have it on your desktop, click on the exercise files. Then click on the chapter you're on, the video you're on, the start or the end state, so in this case, we could be in the start state, and then simply copy and paste these files into your working directory. So for example, if we have a new directory here called store, and then we copy and paste into this particular directory here, like so.
And then we can open this inside of Visual Studio Code, which is the editor I work in, so I can drag and drop this inside of Visual Studio Code. And then simply open the terminal so we can install the dependencies, so click on view, integrated terminal, and then do npm install and this will install all the dependencies you need in this project. And you can do npm start to start the project. And off you go.
- Why use Stimulus?
- Adding and using controllers
- The role of identifiers
- Using targets and actions
- Working with the state in Stimulus
- Persisting the state in the DOM