Join Jonathan Sears for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know before watching this course, part of SteamOS for Developers First Look.
Before starting this course, there's a couple of things to mention. First, if you want to go ahead and download SteamOS and get started right away, you can access it at this URL. Just click Accept in the bottom, and then you will be able to download the SteamOS Beta. There are other options that I will discuss in the installation video, but you can go ahead and get started right away. Secondarily, this course is targeted toward developers, and it will have a lot of content that is primarily useful for somebody who's putting a game online.
In fact, there's an entire chapter dedicated to publishing a game on Steam. That being said, even though this is a course targeted toward developers, this course should be useful to anybody who's interested in learning about SteamOS in general. And with all that, let's get started
- What is SteamOS?
- Understanding how the Steam Store and community work
- Understanding Steam user purchase habits
- Working with the Steam Cloud
- Creating an online marketplace with Steam Community Market
- Developing for Steam machines
- Preparing a game for Steam and Steam Greenlight