- View Offline
- What is SteamOS?
- Understanding how the Steam Store and community work
- Understanding Steam user purchase habits
- Working with the Steam Cloud
- Creating an online marketplace with Steam Community Market
- Developing for Steam machines
- Preparing a game for Steam and Steam Greenlight
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Jonathan Sears and welcome to SteamOS for Developers First Look. In this course we'll look at the new and exciting SteamOS operating system and see how developers can take advantage of it. I'll start by giving you a general overview of what SteamOS looks like and how it works. Next we'll move into some of the new features that Valve has added with release of SteamOS. After that I'll talk a little bit about the considerations you need to make when you're releasing a game on SteamOS.
And finally we'll actually walk through the process of submitting a game to Steam and SteamOS. And we'll show you how to make your game marketable towards the Steam audience. We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now lets get started with SteamOS for Developers First Look.