Join Brian Wood for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Squarespace?, part of Squarespace 7 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Squarespace is a drag and drop website builder…for anyone needing to create a website.…The builder is accessed via a website manager…that you'll log into after signing up…which is what we'll take a look at.…To ensure that you can use your current browser,…you can visit browsefreely.squarespace.com…and see if Squarespace is supported in your browser,…and if it's not, they say you can…always try another browser.…So on Mac, I can build in Chrome, Safari, Firefox.…
On Windows, you can build in Internet Explorer…in certain versions, but you do need to go to this website…just to ensure that you will be able to work with it.…I've seen it before where in the browser,…it will not say something like this, saying it is up to date…and it works, so you may need to consider…getting another browser or updating your browser.…When you start creating a site in Squarespace,…you actually begin with one of their…highly polished templates that they supply,…and we can go in and add our own content,…we could add our own logo, we can tear it down…
- Editing your profile, site logo, and site title
- Changing the template
- Adding custom CSS and Typekit fonts
- Setting up pages
- Understanding site navigation
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Adding a gallery block
- Adding a blog
- Upgrading your Squarespace plan
- Creating a custom domain
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Squarespace
2. Site Settings
3. Editing Styles
4. Setting Up Pages and Navigation
5. Editing Page Content
6. Add a Gallery
7. Add a Blog
8. Extra Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.