The exercise files for this course include a series of images and text content. Actual pages and project files won't be shared with you since the website is build using the web builder. You’ll create pages and project files as you go through the course. You will need to set up a Squarespace account to start and from there you can use the supplied graphic files to build your site.
- [Instructor] I wanted to take a minute just to introduce you to the exercise file that come with this course. Because Squarespace is a website builder I'm not going to share pages and different things like that with you, because I really can't, I mean. So you're going to be going up to your browser, opening the browser and doing this as you watch the videos. When it comes to adding content I open up the exercise files folder here you're going to see that some of these folders, and they're all organized according to the different lessons some of them are blank, and they actually say left blank.
And some of them have content like images, different things like that. That way if you're going through and you want to just use what I've got here to be able to fill in some of the blanks like add a logo, add some images here and there, you can do that. You can also, of course, use your own content if you really want to, maybe building as you go, it's your call. But these are there for you if you want to be able to follow along as I take you through the lessons.
- Signing up with Squarespace
- Editing your profile and site settings
- Changing a template
- Editing a logo and title
- Adding pages and navigation
- Inserting banners, images, videos, and maps
- Adding and styling text
- Arranging content
- Registering a domain